This year’s Stewardship Renewal Campaign is entitled, “My help comes from the LORD”. The theme was prepared by the STEWARDSHIP & GIFT DEVELOPMENT Unit of our Diocese.
There are six resources beginning today and running until November 20 (Christ the King Sunday). Each week includes the Gospel appointed, a series of questions for your personal or group reflection, bible studies, etc., and a Collect for that week.
Each week also features a saintly person who is chosen because of the theme derived from the Gospel reading and their association with the theme. The six themes are Creation, Abundance, Justice, Help, Right and Refuge.
Week 1: Creation – My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
COLLECT: Holy God, we lift our eyes to you in hope and awe. Grant that we may reject all apathy of spirit, all impatience and anxiety, so that, with the persistence of the widow, we may lift our voice again and again to seek your justice. Amen.
The Gospel: Luke 18:1‐8
Saintly person: Saint Francis of Assisi
- What does this passage say to the church?
- Can you think of a time when you wanted justice as the widow did?
- What does this passage say to you?
- What do you think will be the answer to Jesus’ question about finding faith on earth?
- Are there any changes in your life as a Good Steward that the passage encourages you to make to be more dependent on God’s justice?
- St. Augustine once said that we should believe in order to understand. Should you therefore give in order to understand generosity?