ST. MICHAEL’S WELCOMES YOU AND INVITES YOU TO JOIN ONE OF OUR SERVICES!
We are hosting Morning Virtual Prayer Services. If you would like to join us, you have to write a request via email (email@example.com) for the link to be provided to you.
Let us continue to offer prayers of healing and calmness in the midst of anxiety and uncertainty among peoples and communities here and across the globe.
PHASE 1 OF OUR CHURCH PROTOCOLS
Below are some of the guidelines we should follow in the next weeks. The complete information can be found online at https://www.vancouver.anglican.ca/news/communique-from-archbishop-skelton-regarding-the-november-19-2020-orders-from-the-provincial-health-officer
“The new orders begin today (November 19, 2020) and are in effect through Thursday December 7, 2020, with the possibility of modifying or extending them beyond that date. My advice to all clergy and lay leaders is that we plan for the possibility that these orders will continue for an additional two weeks or even until the end of 2020.” Archbishop Skelton.
- Churches are prohibited from in-person worship. All parishes are asked to find means of gathering using online tools, including but not limited to: Sunday Worship (Either Holy Eucharist or some version of the Divine Office or worship focusing on readings, sermon, prayers, and music.
- Divine Office during the week (Morning Prayer, Mid-day Prayer, Evening Prayer, Compline or Night Prayers) must be online.
- Bible Studies and other small group formation must be online.
- Fellowship (coffee hours, socials, lunches, dinners, interest group gatherings) must be online.
- Fund-raising Activities: Encouraging on-going giving to the parish’s operating fund or fund-raising for special reasons must move online or be conducted by phone. (e-transfer or other means of electronic ways)
- In-person visiting in care homes is not permitted.
- Weddings, Funerals, Baptisms, and Ordinations: As we understand it, these important life events are permissible for this next period. All of these services are limited to 10 people including the Officiant. For this time period, these may only be Services of the Word.
St. Michaels Anglican Church welcomes visitors and all seeking a spiritual home. Our hospitality is one form of our worship.
Your joys and hurts, searching for God, learning and yearning, frustrations and sorrows, are important to us as a Christian community.
Come and Pursue Life to its Fullest
ST. MICHAEL’S COMMUNITY GARDENS
St. Michael’s, Surrey has had a plot of land between its church and St. Michael’s house for a number of years. After dealing with this for some time, a decision was made to apply to the City of Surrey for a “Community Enhancement Project” to create a community garden. The application was filled in last September with notification of receipt in January 2021.
Some church volunteers built 30 – 4’ x 8’ x 16” garden beds. Once the 30 raised garden beds were built, then, our volunteers filled them with dirt of garden soil delivered to the site. Sourcing water from the nearby St. Michael’s House was installed, with two faucets and water was ready for gardeners.
We are now accepting applications from anyone who wishes to rent out a box or two. We had all 30 beds in place, filled with dirt, and water faucets in place.
We are looking forward to having more people involved in growing food and flowers in the garden. If you are interested, Please contact the church office at 604-591-8323 (leave a message) or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will connect you with one of our coordinators.