ST. MICHAEL’S WELCOMES YOU AND INVITES YOU TO JOIN ONE OF OUR SERVICES!
We are hosting Morning Virtual Prayer Services. If you would like to join us, you have to write a request via email (email@example.com) for the link to be provided to you.
PHASE 1 OF OUR CHURCH PROTOCOLS
Below are some of the guidelines we should follow in the next two weeks. The complete information can be found online at https://www.vancouver.anglican.ca/news/communique-from-archbishop-skelton-regarding-the-november-19-2020-orders-from-the-provincial-health-officer
“The new orders begin today (November 19, 2020) and are in effect through Thursday December 7, 2020, with the possibility of modifying or extending them beyond that date. My advice to all clergy and lay leaders is that we plan for the possibility that these orders will continue for an additional two weeks or even until the end of 2020.” Archbishop Skelton.
- Churches are prohibited from in-person worship. All parishes are asked to find means of gathering using online tools, including but not limited to: Sunday Worship (Either Holy Eucharist or some version of the Divine Office or worship focusing on readings, sermon, prayers, and music.
- Divine Office during the week (Morning Prayer, Mid-day Prayer, Evening Prayer, Compline or Night Prayers)
- Bible Studies and other small group formation must be online.
- Fellowship (coffee hours, socials, lunches, dinners, interest group gatherings) must be online.
- Fund-raising Activities: Encouraging on-going giving to the parish’s operating fund or fund-raising for special reasons must move online or be conducted by phone. (e-transfer or other means of electronic ways)
- In-person visiting in care homes is not permitted.
- Weddings, Funerals, Baptisms, and Ordinations: As we understand it, these important life events are permissible for this next period. All of these services are limited to 10 people including the Officiant. For this time period, these may only be Services of the Word.
Advent & Christmas Schedule (schedule subject to change due to recent restrictions from the Archbishop’s Office)
Dec. 6th, 9am- Combined Worship Service. Archbishop’s visit to the parish.
Dec. 13th, 9:15am – Festival of Lessons and carols.
Dec. 20th, 9:15am – Christmas Pageant.
Dec. 23rd , 7pm – Virtual Carol Singing. (via zoom)
Dec. 24th, 7:30pm – Christmas Eve Service and candle lighting service.
Dec. 25th, 10am – Christmas Morning Service.
Service times as of July 05th 2020 onward:
B.C.P. Service at 8.00 am (In-person at St. Michael’s and Online via Zoom).
B.A.S. Service at 9.15 am (In-person at St. Michael’s and Online via Zoom).
Let us continue to offer prayers of healing and calmness in the midst of anxiety and uncertainty among peoples and communities here and across the globe.
Your joys and hurts, searching for God, learning and yearning, frustrations and sorrows, are important to us as a Christian community.
Join us as “We Praise You, God” at either the 8:00 AM Book of Common Prayer service (said, traditional) or the 9:15 AM Book of Alternative service (sung, contemporary) on Sunday or in our programs and fellowship activities.